1. Activity. We may ask for some personal information, including your e-mail address, for certain activities on the Websites, such as for uploading pictures and posting comments.
2. Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the Websites, the channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Websites (including UI elements, settings, and other information). We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. “Web Beacons”) in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
3. Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or picture content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available and you acknowledge that third parties may access, collect and use such content.
1. Personalized Features. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Websites, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Websites, as well as provide special personalized features to you.
2. Other Users. Certain information may be displayed to other users when you upload pictures or send messages through the Websites and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any pictures that you submit to the Websites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
3. Use of Email for Administrative Purposes. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as for customer service purposes).
4. Usage Trends; Optimization and Functionality. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Websites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
Cookies; IP Logs
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Your Choices; Opt-out
1. Submission of Personal Information. You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Websites, in which case you can still view pictures and explore the Websites, but we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also change certain personally identifiable information you submit to us by logging into your account.
2. Cookies. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies in the browser settings if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other Website features or services that depend on cookies. If you choose to accept cookies, your browser may allow you to delete cookies that you have accepted at a later date.
3. Third Party Networks. We may allow third-party advertising companies and networks to serve cookies on the Website and to serve ads to you when you visit the Websites. These companies and networks may use the log file information and/or information collected by cookies, Web beacons and similar technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services that they believe may be of interest to you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Third Party Services
Certain services offered through the Websites are subject to third party privacy policies. Facebook’s “Like” button is an example of this (and is subject to Facebook’s privacy policies).
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Google analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at
Additional Disclosure Policies
We may share the information we collect from you to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. Compliance with Laws. We may disclose information we collect (including personally identifiable Information) when we believe it is required to comply with the law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order. We may provide you with advance notice at our discretion; however, nothing in this policy entitles you to such notice.
2. Safety and Protecting Our Interests. We may disclose information we collect in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or in the course of collecting amounts owed to us.
3. Business Transfers. We may use your information in the context of a merger, acquisition, business reorganization, debt financing or sale of company assets, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. In these transactions, the information which we collect may be freely transferred to third parties as one of our business assets (i.e., we do not have any obligation to notify you of any such transfer).
4. Business Transactions. We may share your information to our partners, contractors, and service providers as necessary to provide services to you or to otherwise improve our services.
If you have any questions, would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or want more information, email us at [email protected]
or write to:
163 Main Street,
Beacon, NY 12508